Inspired by the new season of The Bear, this elevated take on the family favourite pasta al pomodoro (tomato pasta) will have you feeling like seasoned a professional. Packed full of flavour, this tangy and sweet tagliatelle truly is loved by all!
Inspired by Simon and his mouth watering bagtobowl Instagram account we created a nutritious, high protein version of Mob kitchens recipe using our lentil and cauliflower tagliatelle.
1 Pack Sunny & Luna Lentil and Cauliflower Tagliatelle
3 Garlic Cloves
Bunch of Basil
1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1/2 White Onion
1 x 400g Tins of Whole San Marzano Tomatoes
50ml Olive Oil
extra parmesan (or use your fave vegan alternative)
fresh basil leaves
a drizzle of olive oil
1. Smash your peeled garlic cloves and add to a saucepan with around 50ml of olive oil. Add a generous handful of basil (both leaves and stems) into the pan and let simmer for 1-2 mins. Leave the basil and oil to infuse while you form the base of your sauce.
2. Melt butter in a large plan and then place half an onion (cut side down) in the same pan. Wait for the butter to brown and onion to caramelise (around 15 mins).
3. Add and break down the tomatoes with a wooden spoon before adding salt and then letting the mixture simmer with a lid on for about 20 mins.
4. Blitz your basil and oil mixture in a food processor and stir into your tomato sauce. Let this simmer for 10 minutes (without the lid) so that it thickens slightly.
5. Boil your healthy, high protein Sunny & Luna Tagliatelle for 5 minutes before stirring in the sauce with 1/2 a cup of pasta water. Garnish with parmesan (or your favourite vegan cheese), basil, an extra drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!