With lots of people finding Veganuary too much of a commitment in a month that's already (lets be honest) a bit rubbish, Sunny & Luna are here to bring some Joy back into January and give you some super easy swaps to help you make healthier mid-week meal decisions all year round!
This pasta puttanesca is the perfect mid week plant-based dish. Replace anchovies with capers and their brine for that extra salty kick, and swap your ordinary pasta with Sunny & Luna's protein packed Lentil Tagliatelle. So you won't miss out on your protein intake, even while you're avoiding meat this Veganuary.
1 Pack Sunny & Luna Spinach Gnocchi
A big glug of great quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 garlic cloves (or however many you like!)
200g chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp capers (and some of the brine)
50-80g pitted olives
Parsley to top
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan, and add the onion. Fry with a pinch of salt until soft.
2. Add the garlic and fry briefly, before stirring in the rest of the ingredients, including a good dash of the caper brine to make up for the .
3. Bring to a gentle simmer for 20 minutes and season well.
4. Meanwhile, boil Sunny & Luna lentil tagliatelle in salted water for 3 minutes (it should be quite al dente when removed)
5. Using a pair of tongs take the pasta strait out of the water and into the tomato sauce to combine for 30 seconds, before taking off the heat and transfering to bowls. Top with parsley and enjoy piping hot!